Don’t get me wrong, videos are amazing. It’s a great way to connect with you guys and really use my voice - literally LOL - to explain a product. But sometimes it’s nice to be able to sit back, take some photos and write about it. Most of you have noticed ElleandBlair.com is down, and has been for a couple months. I’ve been having anxiety about not being able to blog. Elle started up her own blog dreaminginblush.com to cure the need to write. As always, I copied her. Gosh, story of our lives. Elle starts YouTube videos. Blair starts YouTube videos. Elle wants to move to LA. Blair wants to move to LA. Elle gets a deaf cat, Pinecone... well that’s a tricky one. Anyways, you see the pattern here.
So cheers to being with me from the very start of a new chapter in my life! I'll be blogging about everything from beauty and fashion to home decor, travel, health and lifestyle.
A little background on me for those who may be new!
1. In 2008 I started making beauty and fashion videos under the screen name JuicyStar07. (Still kicking myself over the porn star sounding name. What can I say, I loved Juicy Couture?)
2. I'm 20 years young with a lot of living and learning still to do! I graduated high school when I was only 17 and haven't started college yet. It's still in the plans, timing has just been off. However, I did teach a seminar at Harvard Business School on the power of social media... twice. I think I'm doing alright for myself :)
3. My partner in crime/best friend/mentor/inspiration is my older sister, Elle. She’s amazing and, as I already mentioned, vlogs and blogs too!
4. After almost five wonderful years of vlogging I still can’t get enough. Unfortunately, my life consists of more than just videos so sometimes I can’t put up as many as I’d like.
5. Elle and I have a novel out that is loosely based on our lives called Beneath the Glitter. The sequel, Where Beauty Lies, hits shelves August 13, 2013. We also own a cell phone accessories line with Cellairis
6. I live in sunny Los Angeles, CA and wouldn’t swap it for anywhere. Elle and I bought condos in the same building! We’re still super close, we just both have our own space and investments.
7. I have a yorkie named Teddy Bear who is the sweetest and most mellow dog you’ll probably ever (online?) meet.
8. I was born in Augusta, Georgia. Then lived in New Orleans for a bit but mainly grew up in Kingsport, Tennessee.
9. I would do absolutely anything for my little sister, Jelly Bean (not her birth name, but it might as well be).
10. Elle and I have been nominated twice for a teen choice award for choice web stars. It was such an honor to be recognized for doing what we love!